Your browser is unsupported

We recommend using the latest version of IE11, Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

711 Licenses for Students & Graduates

JD students currently enrolled at UIC Law who have earned a minimum of 45 credit hours may be eligible for a 711 License. 711 Licenses are not available for students who work at private law firms. In order to be eligible for the license, students work at one of the following:

  • A legal aid bureau, legal assistance program, organization, or clinic chartered by the State of Illinois or approved by an ABA-approved law school
  • A law office of the state or any of its subdivisions
  • The Office of the Public Defender

For more information about the 711 license, please visit the Ilinois Legal Aid Online website.

Apply for a 711 License Heading link

The appropriate 711 application must be completely filled out by the applicant and signed by both the applicant and the applicant’s employer.  Completed applications should be delivered to the Law Registrar’s Office via email at

Applications for 711 Licenses are available below, but you can go to the Illinois Supreme Court’s website for fillable forms: