Bar Exam Preparation
Preparation Assistance at Every Stage Heading link
Bar exam preparation begins week 1 of orientation, with the introduction to the Socratic Method, case law, and law school assessments. Additionally, the Office of Academic Achievement offers programs designed to equip future bar takers with the tools needed to help them succeed, including:
- Multiple Choice Tips: Methods for dealing with bar exam multiple choice questions and avoiding common pitfalls. This program is open to 3L students and handouts will be available only as handouts upon request.
- Performance Test Analysis: Receive instruction and feedback on writing answers to the performance test part of the bar exam over three sessions. This program is offered to 3L students over 3 consecutive weeks.
- Bar Exam Preparation Courses: Students prepare for the different items encountered on the bar by regularly engaging in practice exams, obtaining feedback from professors, and discussing test-taking strategies. The courses also help students become familiar with the bar application process and commercial bar preparation programs.
- Bar Exam Study Room: Spaces are reserved on campus for alumni studying for the bar exam.
- Bar Exam Housing: UIC Law coordinates with UIC Campus Housing to provide economically-priced accommodations just minutes away from the bar exam test sites.
Bar Exam Boot Camp Heading link
Bar Exam Boot Camp is offered twice a year by the Office of Academic Achievement to refresh students’ knowledge on key bar topics and do practice tests before the bar exam. Funded by the Hausman Fund, this program is complimentary to participants and provides them with instruction on how to improve performance on writing bar exam essay answers and monitors their performance on weekly essay and multiple choice practice questions. UIC Law professors aid in student development and share their expertise on such topics as criminal law, constitutional law, and civil procedure.
Align Your Studies With Bar Exam Material Heading link
Take a look at the UIC Law courses that cover subject matters included on the bar exam.
- Contracts I & II
- Criminal Law
- Civil Procedure I & II
- Constitutional Law I & II
- Advanced Torts
- Conflict of Laws
- Criminal Procedure I: Police Investigations
- Estates and Trusts
- Family Law
- Products Liability
- Sales Transactions
- Secured Transactions
Highlighted courses are tested on almost every bar exam in the United States; they are always tested on the Illinois Bar Exam
Bar Exam Preparation
- Bar Essay Writing
- Legal Fundamentals
- Writing for the Practice of Law