Rising Attorneys Inclusive Summer Experience
MISSION: To provide access and information to students interested in impacting their communities by using a law degree to promote social justice.
A Glimpse at What's to Come: Heading link
R.A.I.S.E Agendas and Forms Heading link
Getting to UIC Law Heading link
There are a variety of ways to get to the law school by car, public transportation, or by an alternative method. Useful apps for navigating public transit in the Chicago area include Transit Stop, Ventra, and Embark Metra. UIC Law has also negotiated discounted parking at two area garages, though you may also find good parking deals on websites such as Spot Hero. Take a look at the options below to determine which method works best for you.
Many CTA trains stop near the law school campus:
- Blue line train (Jackson & Dearborn station)
- Red line train (Jackson & State station)
- Brown, Pink, Orange, Green line trains (Adams & Wabash station or State & Van Buren/Harold Washington Library station)
Information on CTA routes, stops, and fares can be found online at www.transitchicago.com.
There are a few buses that stop right outside of campus:
- #1 bus (Bronzeville/Union Station)
- #2 bus (Hyde Park Express)
- #7 bus (Harrison)
- #28 bus (Stony Island)
- #29 bus (State)
- #126 bus (Jackson)
- #146 bus (Inner Drive/Michigan Express)
- #147 bus (Outer Drive Express)
- #148 bus (Clarendon Michigan Express)
Buses in Chicago’s suburbs are run by Pace. Many of these buses serve downtown locations as well. Maps, schedules, and fare information can be found online at www.pacebus.com.
Suburban Metra trains arrive at one of four stations in downtown Chicago, all of which are fairly close to the UIC Law campus:
Van Buren St. Station (Van Buren & Michigan)
- Metra Electric District Line
- South Shore Line
Ogilvie Transportation Center (Madison & Canal)
- Union Pacific North Line
- Union Pacific West Line
- Union Pacific Northwest Line
LaSalle Street Station (414 S. LaSalle Street)
- Rock Island District Line
Chicago Union Station (Adams & Canal)
- North Central Service Line
- Milwaukee District North Line
- Milwaukee District West Line
- BNSF Railway Line
- Heritage Corridor Line
- Southwest Service Line
Maps, schedules, and fare information can be found online at www.metrarail.com.
Short-Term Rental Options:
· Zip Car: www.zipcar.com
· Ride Sharing and Taxi Cabs
o Uber/Lyft: Uber and Lyft rideshare apps can be downloaded to any smartphone from your phone’s app store.
o Yellow Cab: www.yellocabchicago or (312) 829-4222; you can also order a cab by text messaging your address to (312) 520-3096 and following the text response instructions.
o Flash Cab: http://www.flashcab.com/ or (773) 561-4444; you can also text your pick up address to EZTAXI (398294).
UIC Law has negotiated discounted parking at two area garages, though you may also find good parking deals on websites such as Spot Hero:
318 S. Federal Street (between Jackson Blvd. and Van Buren St., approximately 0.2 miles from UIC Law)
- $17 for up to 12 hours or $25 for 12-24 hours
- You must set up an account on the iParkIt app (https://www.iparkit.com/parking-app) in advance using your UIC email address and discount code Student101. Then, scan the QR code on the app as you enter and exit the garage.
75 W. Harrison Street (between Clark and Federal Streets, approximately 0.4 miles from UIC Law)
- $9.00 for up to 12 hours of parking Monday-Friday, must exit before midnight
- Parking ticket must be validated in the lobby of the 19 W. Jackson building.