Students with New or Updated Accommodations Requests
The provision of accommodations for students with documented disabilities is a shared responsibility between the UIC Disability Resource Center and the Law School’s Office of Student Life & Leadership. Please review UIC Law’s Accommodations Process and Procedures for more information.
- Schedule an appointment with the Disability Resource Center (DRC) by calling 312.413.2183. Please make sure to identify yourself as a UIC Law student.
- Ask your health care provider to complete the DRC’s Disability Verification Form, or provide the same information in a different format. Please note that documentation must contain:
- A current (within the last five years) disability diagnosis from a licensed clinical professional familiar with your history;
- An explanation of how the disability limits the participation in courses, programs, services, or activities at the University; and
- Accommodation recommendations from a physician or medical professional.
- The DRC is responsible for making determinations about reasonable accommodations, though any questions about what accommodations may conflict with the Standards for Law Study will be discussed with UIC Law administrators. Once the DRC has made a decision about your granted accommodations, they will send you a Letter of Accommodation (LOA). This LOA will also be shared with UIC Law’s Assistant Director for Student Engagement & Accommodations, who will oversee the implementation of accommodations at the law school.
- You will receive communications from the Assistant Director for Student Engagement & Accommodations periodically throughout the term. Please be sure to respond promptly to any communications, so the Assistant Director can properly prepare for your accommodations. Please note that some accommodations may take time to implement and cannot be guaranteed without your timely participation. Faculty will not be notified about students with accommodations unless their cooperation is needed to implement accommodations inside the classroom.
Students with Currently Granted Accommodations
If you already have accommodations in place with UIC Law, you should not need to do anything new. Accommodations will continue to be implemented by UIC Law’s Assistant Director for Student Engagement & Accommodations. Please be sure to respond promptly to any communications so the Assistant Director can properly prepare for your accommodations. Please note that some accommodations may take time to implement and cannot be guaranteed without your timely participation. If you believe you need to make adjustments to your accommodations or want to discuss new accommodations, please follow the steps above to meet with the DRC.
Students Needing Accommodations on the Bar Exam or MPRE
You should request documentation from whichever office (DRC or UIC Law Student Life) issued your most recent letter of accommodation.